Friday, January 25, 2013
10 Worst Things You Can Do To Your Car
ELIZABETH CITY, NC- When you're driving and that vehicle warning light inconveniently turns on the worst thing you can do is ignore it. Ignoring even the tiniest sign of vehicle trouble, or putting off vehicle maintenance that you know you should get, can cost you big bucks down the road. Getting your vehicle serviced may not excite you, but it is one way to avoid committing the 10 Worst Things You Can Do To Your Car that will cost you later.
10 Worst Things You Can Do To Your Car:
1. Don't procrastinate your owner's manual recommended maintenance. Make an appointment and stay on track.
2. Get your vehicle serviced right away if the Check Engine Light turns on. Ignoring the Check Engine light can possibly cause engine malfunction.
3. Avoiding that overdue oil change, or worse, not changing it at all. Ask a Service technician and they will tell you that ignoring oil changes is the single most damaging vehicle maintenance item that drivers neglect.
4. Don't forget to check your tire pressure, especially as the weather changes drastically between seasons.
5. Definitely do not procrastinate coolant, brake, transmission and other fluid services. It may seem like a hassle to bring your vehicle in for maintenance but it will prevent further problems.
6. If you vehicle begins to overheat, pull over right away, do not wait. It is important to take your Coolant Warning Light very seriously to avoid engine damage.
7. Forgetting to change your vehicle's fuel and air filters.
8. Don't take your vehicle to an unqualified or reliable service center for maintenance.
9. Using generic aftermarket parts instead of using the original equipment manufacturer quality parts can cause you problems later down the road.
10. Doing it yourself. The safest way to make sure your vehicle is serviced properly is to bring it to a qualified service garage like Perry Auto Group's Service Center!
You can review your vehicle's owners manual to see the recommended maintenance schedule and avoid the 10 Worst Things You Can Do To Your Car so that you can prevent car trouble later. Perry Auto Group wants to help you make your vehicle last longer so you can rely on our qualified service technicians to get the job done right. Proper vehicle maintenance will save you money in the long run, but you can also save today with our Service Coupons.
Perry Auto Group has two dealership locations at 1005 W. Ehringhaus St, Elizabeth City, NC, 27909 or 1001 Halstead Blvd Elizabeth City, NC 27909. Or give us a call at (252) 338-9100.
Visit our website: www.PerryAutoGroup.com