ELIZABETH CITY, NC. – If fast cars with incredible performance and style are your type of thing, you’re going to want to check out the 2017 Corvette Grand Sport. The Corvette debuted this week at the Geneva International Motor Show this week, and it definitely turned heads.
The 2017 Corvette Grand Sport screams racecar with its lightweight build, a track-honed aerodynamics package, Michelin tires, and an engine made for performance. With an estimated 1.05g in cornering capability, and 1.2g with the Z07 package, you better make sure you’re buckled up!
With over 50 years of Corvette racing, this 2017 Corvette has a lot to prove, so there was no holding back when it came to style and performance. The original Grand Sport, made in 1963, inspired the style of the 2017 model. The racing DNA offers this Corvette the technology and performance that one would need on a track.
Mark Reuss, executive vice president of Global Product Development and Global Purchasing and Supply Chain, explained, “Racing has been part of Corvette’s essence for more than 50 years and that track experience has helped us build better, more capable cars. The global acclaim for the seventh-generation Corvette validates that direct link and the 2017 Grand Sport takes its track-bred technology to a new, exciting threshold.”
Drivers of the 2017 Corvette Grand Sport will enjoy:
- Grand Sport Wheel Design – 19x10-inches (front) 20x12-inches (back)
- Brembo brake system – 14-inch rotors, six-piston calipers in the front, 13.4-inch rotors and four-piston calipers in the back
- Seven-speed manual transmission with active rev match or an available eight-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission with performance calibration
- LT1 V8 engine – 480-hp with dry-sump oiling system and active exhaust
- Magnetic ride control with special stabilizer bars and springs
- Michelin Pilot Super Sport summer tires – 285/30ZR19 (front) 335/25ZR20 (back)
- Electronic limited-slip differential
If the standard Grand Sport isn’t enough for you, for the first time ever, customers can upgrade their Corvette with the Z07 performance package, which offers:
- Carbon-ceramic brakes
- Michelin Sport Cup 2 summer tires
- Carbon-fiber aero package
Customers are able to make their Corvette Grand Sport look like one-of-a-kind of plenty of customizable design choices. Choose from the Stingray’s full exterior and interior color palette. If you’re feeling nostalgic you can also get the Heritage package that features hash-mark fender graphics in six colors and the hash-mark detail on the interior’s brushed aluminum trim.
Check out the 2017 Corvette Grand Sport this summer when it comes to dealers in the US and Europe!
Visit our website: www.perryautogroup.com, www.carolinachrysler.com, or www.driveperry.com
Follow us on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+, and YouTube